We use a process similar to plastic injection molding, but with the ability to make precision metal components in a range of carbon steels, stainless steel, nickel and cobalt alloys, tool steels and magnetic alloys.
The MIM process complements investment castings by offering complex shapes with close tolerances, a smooth finish and finely reproduced detail, all combined with excellent mechanical properties – all apart of our powder coating services.
Additional facilites for our clients
We offer a detailed design and tooling in house facility – ideal for new product development, as well as undertaking a design process in house.
A complete finishing service is also available, including cutting, trimming, drilling, polishing and packaging, employing the latest machinery.
Our metal injection molding
Metal Injection Molding combines the well-established technologies of powder metallurgy and injection molding to produce components in steels and high strength metals with complex shapes, close tolerances, a smooth surface finish and finely reproduced detail. For more information, contact us here.
- DIMENSIONAL TOLERANCES ~ Generally ± 0.05mm on a 10mm dimension
- SURFACE FINISH ~ A fine finish around 1.6 microns
- QUANTITIES ~ Typically 20,000 or more per year
- SIZE RANGE ~ Generally from less than 3mm to 50mm
- MATERIALS ~ Carbon steels; stainless steels; tool steels; nickel and cobalt alloys
- APPROVALS ~ BS EN ISO 9001:2008
- TOOLING ~ Similar to plastic injection moulding